Wednesday, November 08, 2006

Royale With Cheese

Don’t look at me that way baby, you knew I was comin’ back. Why would you think that I would leave you? How could you say that! You know you’re the only audience for me baby, I swears it. That other audience don’t mean nuthin’ to me, they just a bunch of skanks. I never touched them, I swear.

So, I am listening to the new Killers record right now, in case any of you needed further proof that I hate myself and enjoy constant suffering and sorrow. It took me a while to figure out why everybody hates them, but after doing a little research I have discovered that it is not the band that everyone hates, but lead singer/front-man/douche bag Brandon Flowers. This is probably due to the fact that he apparently likes to talk a lot of shit about bands that he later claims he has never even heard before. I guess selling five million records gives you that kind of clout.

Anyway, I’m excited about the new James Bond flick. Are you excited? I’m excited. I like that they are going back to the beginning and giving it more of that gritty, unpolished look instead of the shoe-polish-shine kind of films we have been treated to as of late. Don’t get me wrong, I like Pierce Brosnan as an actor, but I don’t like what the studio has turned the franchise into. He needs to rely less on his gadgets and more on his training, and the new flick looks like it displays just that.

God dammit this album sucks, switching CD’s…

I have heard some of the new tracks off of the upcoming new release by Brand New, and it sounds delicious. I am giddy with anticipation. I went to the Dashboard Confessional show in San Jose two weeks ago, but I missed Brand New and only caught Dashboard. I’m just lucky that way. Never in my life have I seen so many pairs of Converse All Stars in one place. It was creepy.

I have been slacking off on my new album and concert reviews, and it is not for lack of new material to critique. It is simply that I am too busy right now, but I want to pick it back up so this weekend I am going to crank out a few record reviews, and I am going to see Bishop Allen and Starlight Mints this Friday, so I will have a review of that up this weekend as well.

Well, that is about it for now. I have been sick the last couple of days and cannot get rid of these headaches, so I am going to pray for the sweet sudden death that never comes. Stay sexy.

-B
Ever since I was young your word is the word that always won

No comments: