Wednesday, December 06, 2006

The Colors Are Delicious

Is the new dance-pop-punk craze annoying you as much as it is me? I am currently listening to HelloGoodbye, one of the many new dance punk bands that is currently polluting the airwaves, and I have to say, I feel like I should be getting’ my shimmy on down at Studio 54 with a glow stick and some cocaine. This is the kind of shit that makes people like Tom Araya want to stab a knife in someone’s back and carve the word “SLAYER” into their funky fresh beat dancin’ skin. I can’t tell if I hate this as much as the new Panic! At The Fallout Boy Disco crap they’re serving up on Fuse, but its close.

Anyway, I get the feeling that this is the “new thing” for the next 12 to 18 months. It is kind of like the resurgence of swing music back in ’98; it sucks, but its ok to pretend you like it if you are either a hipster and/or gay. Oh well, I guess it’s better than a new album by Ace of Base. So I am now changing my play list from dance crap to Electric Six…that’s better.

So apparently the committee that tells us if the war in Iraq is going our way or not (apparently Americans are not smart enough to make that decision themselves) is now saying that, and I quote, “President Bush’s war policies have failed in almost every regard”. What has two thumbs and is not surprised at this news at all? Here’s a hint; I am currently pointing my thumbs back at myself in a condescending and narcissistic manner and shouting “This guy!”

Anyway, for those of you who remember The Atari’s, they are finally releasing their latest record, which has been on the shelves for over two years. That’s nothing in comparison to Axl Rose, but still, I have kind of been looking forward to it. Apparently the band, which now consists of Chris Roe and five other dudes, is taking a different route than previously. Now I am ok with this, as expansion and experimentation is something I encourage and admire in music, but I think they (ok, Chris Roe) are doing it for the wrong reasons. Just because that part of your life is over, does not mean you stop playing the tunes that got you to where you are right now. But I am done whining for now, so go listen to some Jeff Buckley.

-B
You’re a few years overdue. I spent them waiting here for you.

No comments: