Tuesday, May 15, 2007

Comfortably Numb


Jerry Falwell is dead.


Shhhh. Don't ruin this for me.


Ok, after achieving what could only be described as euphoria, I am now ready to continue. Yes, Jerry Falwell, the hate-mongering bigot who masked his prejudices behind a facade of semi-religious political activism is finally dead. Rare is the occasion that one should be happy that another has died, but I believe that today is such an occasion. This is a man who blamed the 9/11 attacks on homosexuals and pagans. This is a man who stated that when the Antichrist comes, he "must be, of necessity, a Jewish male", so he was probably a little anti-semitic. This is a man who supported segregation. But above all, what bothers me most about him is that right now, somewhere somebody is shedding a tear for this fucker.


Anyway, in other news, apparently the creator of the Virginia Tech flash video game is holding the game ransom. The creator, Ryan Lambourn, is refusing to take the game down unless he is paid $1000. Or something like that, I dunno, read the article, once I saw that he had to be paid to issue an apology or take the game down I kind of ignored the rest. What an asshole.


PS - Bonus points to anyone who can explain to me the cognitive dissonance in this post.


-B
You threw the bricks that built this wall




Technorati : , , , ,

No comments: