Monday, May 14, 2007

Have You Ever Seen The Rain


There comes a time, so few between occurrences that it is rarely seen by the average human, that the levels of anger must be balanced within the delicate fabric of containment of which they are currently a prisoner of. In this case, I am the container, and the anger is mine, and mine alone. So allow me to start this rant with my first of numerous honest questions to what will inevitably be asinine and borderline pathetic answers. First off, why the fuck are they still putting cassette players in car stereos? Does anybody even own any cassettes? They are no longer manufactured, have not been for years, and with the exception of specialty stores and indie music chains, you can't even buy a cassette. It's ri-god-damn-diculous, I tell ya.


Secondly, and this one really strikes my nerve, why the hell hasn't there been a decent new record to come out all fucking year? I mean honestly, look at the latest releases, not one has been worth the sticker price. The whole idea of selling your songs online has become the reason to create an album of shit with one hit song that will get a million downloads on iTunes. The whole convenience of iTunes is so you can buy the tracks you like, and forgo the rest. And this is now influencing policy when it comes to making records. A message to The Used; this new album better be awesome. It had better be so awesome that it makes me want to smoke crack and fuck a hooker and kill a puppy. I have high expectations for you.



And lastly, why does this scare me? I just don't know, but the idea of Nelly Furtado and Timbaland, two of the least rocking people I can think of, forming a rock band makes me frightened of the future of music.


-B
I miss the person that you were but I don't miss you




Technorati : , , ,

No comments: