Monday, January 07, 2008

Why So Serious?



For those of you who still do not believe that Heath Ledger can act, I offer you this; The Dark Knight. Check out trailer 2 (hell, watch them both), and then tell me you still don't think he can act. I have seen a few clips floating around YouTube and as far as I can tell, Ledger puts a new, darker, anarchist face on the Joker. Some people will bitch and moan about how perfect Jack Nicholson was and that they shouldn't remake him and blah blah blah. Grow up. The first 4 Batman movies sucked. Yes, Nicholson was good, but there are two versions of the Joker in the comic book series. There's the funny, slightly-mad Joker who just loves to fuck with Batman, and then there is Frank Miller's Joker. Miller's Joker is a much darker, sinister Joker who has literally lost his mind and is, as perfectly stated by Michael Caine in the first trailer, someone who just wants to watch the world burn. He is dark, gritty, ruthless, and completely psychotic, whereas Nicholson's Joker was more comical. He did a good job, don't get me wrong, but I always hated the Joker in the comic books because he could have been much more sinister and could have had much more depth, and from what I have seen, Ledger brings that to the table. Does he do the Joker justice? We'll just have to wait and see, but I have high hopes.

-B
forgetting you but not the time

No comments: