Monday, March 12, 2007

More Than A Feeling


Somebody posted a link to this in the comments and I think it is worth mentioning. The author of this article basically uses Delp's death to blast Boston as some hack band with nothing to contribute to music. Well Mr. Wolfe, I ask you this; in a time before Cd's and Mp3's, before the internet and the iPod, before boy bands and factory-line produced hip-hop, how the fuck could a band sell over 17 million copies of their debut album if they were such horrible musicians? I mean seriously, their debut has sold more copies than Pink Floyd's Dark Side of the Moon! If you want to disregard Boston as a band not worth listening to, much less writing about, don't use Brad Delp's death to glorify your statement. They may not have inspired you to pick up a guitar and play, but I saw them 11 years ago when I was 15, and they inspired me.


-B
It's more than a feeling, when I hear that old song they used to play




Technorati : , ,

No comments: