Monday, December 20, 2010

Coming Soon...


As always, you fellow followers that maintain the courage to follow me down the rabbit hole of madness into the deep, dark depths of unexplored realms of the human sociopathic mind that I posses should know by now, I tend to recommend good, indie/unsigned music. No, recommend is not the word; Force. I force it down your throat like a gay dolphin pluggin' another dolphin's blowhole (Thanks for the image Ricky Gervais), until you finally learn to relax, and just let it happen. Anyway, I am working on a piece on a new band that I discovered two nights ago that may be the punk band Sacramento has been waiting for; has been needing. The band is The Left Hand. If Walk Among Us era Misfits had melodic sex with the Descendents and Alkaline Trio served as the part time nanny, this concoction would almost be as amazing as The Left Hand. They will be playing at The Distillery in Sacramento on January 8th, 2011 at 10:00 pm. It is not an all ages venue unfortunately, but in the profile and music review that will be seen here and in a few local mag's like Sac News & Review within the next week or two will give you a much better look at the music and influences. I will have the article posted here before the end of the week. Until then, check out their page, add them as friends, and be there on the 8th, as I will be and will be doing a live show review that I can only imagine is as amazing as the demo CD I received that hasn't left my truck stereo in the past 48 hours. Until then folks, check 'em out and let's help this city stop trying to push out the music scene that you can't stop from growing.

-B
That's it we've had enough, put Walk Among Us on and turn it up!

No comments: