Thursday, October 15, 2009

Consent to Non-Consent


Leave it to Halliburton to include a clause as terms of employment that states that you can not sue...even if, you know, your coworkers gang-rape you and lock you in a storage container for 24 hours to prevent you from reporting it. Apparently, since the crime did not occur on American soil, the victim is barred from taking any legal action. Now I am not an expert on international employment rights within a domestically owned company, but I do know this...if you are a victim of a crime perpetrated by your coworkers while traveling for business outside the country on behalf of your company, you have every right to take every punitive measure against not only the offender(s) but the company itself for failure to provide you with a safe working environment. How this is any different, I fail to understand. Fuck Halliburton. I hope those rapists get sodomized by a fucking cactus...on fire...on YouTube for all to see. But, seeing as how Halliburton is associated with some of the most evil acts & people of this century, I doubt that is going to happen. So if she were to, hypothetically, bring a fucking gun to work and shoot those fuckers in the face, she would be exempt from any consequences. I'm Just, you know, throwing it out there.

-B
Polly wants a cracker; I think I should get off her first. I think she wants some water to put out the blow torch.

No comments: