Thursday, October 22, 2009

There Is No Enemy


I have a hatred for Pitchfork that rivals my hatred for Nazi's, Ann Coulter, Volkswagen Beatles and soccer combined. Pitchfork is to music what Dorian Gray was to Victorian society in Oscar Wilde's The Picture of Dorian Gray . The condescending, patronizing publisher of music and artists reviews that reminds me of every clerk at every independent music store I have been too. If someone other than them has heard of it, it sucks. The artists suddenly become mainstream sellouts.

Now I will admit that the radio generally sucks. Most of what you hear on the FM airwaves is either early 2000's era hip-hop or talk radio. I will also admit that I have a wide variety of musical tastes, and will give anything a chance. Somehow, people perceive this to make me out as a music snob or elitist. You people are stupid and you need to invest in a dictionary or go back to whatever poorly funded public school you went to and demand your parents' tax dollars back.

Having said that, Pitchfork does occasionally hit the mark on some records. And while I am still not over their down-spiral of betrayal towards the great Sonic Youth, a band that has never made a bad album, they have redeemed some of their soon-to-be-exhausted respect by actually giving the new Built To Spill record There Is No Enemy a positive review. Yes, it seems that occasional people can in fact pull their heads out of their pompous asses and do their job correctly. So go check it out and if you like what you hear, pick it up. It is a great album, and it looks like Pitchfork hit their one-time mark for the year. I am somehow not surprised.

-B
They don't wanna think about the other side. Is that grass just greener cause it's fake?

Technorati : , ,

No comments: