Tuesday, July 18, 2006

The Crickets Are Taking Over

I am not sure how much more of this I can take. They come after me at night, in my dreams. In daylight, when all other forms of the insect species have dispersed into caverns of darkness and dank, they forge their attack on my simple way of life. They can not be stopped. They taunt me, hunt me, assault my very way of life. When the world has ended, and all the politicians have pushed their fateful buttons of worldly destruction, it is not the cockroaches and Toyota’s that will be left standing; it is the crickets.

-B
Truly…stressing…realization. I wish I was an astronaut.

1 comment:

Tracy said...

I had this friend in high school that had serious problems with crickets at night. It kept her up for hours tormenting her.
Finally, she told her dad she couldn't take it anymore and to please help her.

So - he changed all the sound schemes on her computer to cricket noises.
I couldn't stop laughing.