Thursday, May 04, 2006

Hooked On A Feeling

I have a problem. Ok, make that plural, I have problems. But as of right now, at this very second, I have one big problem; I can not stop listening to Rod Stewart. Now this would normally seem ok as he is a music legend (I guess) and has millions of fans. The problem is that I can’t stand his music. His horrid cover of Tom Waits’ “Downtown Train”, which is arguably one of the greatest songs ever written, destroyed any and all confidence I ever could have had for Stewart. Now I should point out that it is not Rod Stewart exactly that I am listening to, but merely two of his songs, and one was done by The Faces, which he was a member of. The two songs are “Stay With Me” and “Maggie May”. Now “Stay With Me” is a classic rock tune that anybody could enjoy. I mean, who could not enjoy lines like “in the morning/don’t say you love me/cause I’ll only kick you out of the door”. That’s a damn good line, bold and unapologetic.

The problem is with the other tune, “Maggie May”. Now this is also one of his best songs and is by far his most famous, at least to my knowledge. I hate the fact that I love this song. I can’t stop listening to it. It’s in my god damn mp3 player for when I go to the gym. I am listening to it right fucking now! I can’t stop it. The addiction is greater than that of my love for solitaire. I need help. Two words: therapy.

-B
All you did was wreck my bed, and in the morning kick me in the head

No comments: