Friday, August 18, 2006

Statistically Speaking

This is an interesting article I found that showcases the impact blogging has had on society in America. I find it shocking that 62% of online Americans do not know what a blog is, as I would assume that it would be near impossible to perform a random search and not have a blog appear as a top result. The information that the blogosphere holds is vastly approaching, if not surpassing the standard information channels such as news websites. Now I will admit that the majority of the information in opinionated, but I imagine that the casual blog reader generally only looks for information within the context of his or her own political or social bias. If one were to research information on their favorite Republican politician, the Huffington Post is hardly their first choice.

It is important to remember that this article is over a year old, but I have been unable to locate any recent information based off of the same survey, assuming that it is a yearly process. If anybody knows of an updated list of blogging statistics please be so kind as to forward me the address, as this is something that greatly interests me. On a side note, I have received my Windows Vista beta disks and will be checking it out thoroughly through out the next few weeks. Here is a link to the Windows Vista weblog for those who are interested.

-B
Never thought this day would come, you threw the bricks that built this wall

No comments: