Thursday, October 13, 2005

Doin' The Chicken Dance


Music of Choice:
Pearl Jam – Light Years

So, I have had this Blog up and running for 24 hours and I already have 2 spam comments, so I have been forced to turn on word verification only because it will just get worse. On second note, my pic thingy for my profile did not work, again. I'm still trying to figure that one out. So, here are some tidbits for you to enjoy:

There’s an interesting article on an even more interesting musician at RollingStone.com. I am talking of course about Buckethead. Here’s what you need to know about him. He wears a KFC bucket on his forehead, because he was raised in a chicken coop by chickens and he was badly scratched in the face so the bucket is homage to all the chickens that have died in the name of food. Obviously. But more importantly, he has produced many a fine albums, is an amazing guitar player, toured with Primus/Les Claypool, and was in Guns & Roses for a few years. The whole Primus thing validates any time he spent with Axl.

I had the chance to see Buckethead perform with Les Claypool’s Bucket of Bernie Brains a while back, and he is a very good musician, even if he does speak thru a chicken puppet.

In other news, Detroit’s 3-1, and 1st in the Central Western Conference. Go Wings!


-B
“We were but stones; your light made us stars.”

No comments: