Wednesday, October 26, 2005

The Killing Joke

Music of Choice:
Nora Jones – Feelin’ the Same Way

No post yesterday, due to my work requiring my presence for 11 hours a day. Seeing as how I get up at 4:30 in the morning, I was tired when I got home. Same thing today, but I figured I should post since I won’t be here this weekend. I will be in Long Beach, drinking beer, hanging with some friends, and hopefully participating in sins of the flesh with hot young college girls. Hey, you gotta dream, right?

So anyway, I wanted to post this link. It’s a story I read in Rolling Stone called “The Killing Joke”, and to be honest the story is much better told in the RS issue, but I couldn’t find it online to link to, so here is another article about the same incident. No bullshit, when I was reading the RS article at Border’s, I literally felt sick. These 2 twisted fucks took their friends life for no reason other than they thought shooting her in the head would some how make their night more enjoyable. Hell, the fucking dude couldn’t even pull the trigger the second time to finish her off; he had to have his girlfriend do it. And the poor girl was her best friend. I don’t think I have ever read an article that upset me as much as “The Killing Joke”. When RS website decides to let me actually view more than a picture of Bono on a damn I Pod, I will find out who the author was and do some research on it.

In other parts of my world, it rained today. That was cool. I'm not one for rain but I like the hazy gray days. That’s my favorite weather. Nothing too much from the music world today, that or I’m too damn tired to research it; I promise a better post when I get back from Long Beach.

-B
So many times I wonder where I’ve gone

No comments: